Our Smithville TX Bed and Breakfast is located in the beautiful town of Smithville in Central Texas. The charming turn-of-the-century Inn has been lovingly restored to its original beauty while featuring soft restful colors and comfortable french country furnishings. The Katy House Bed and Breakfast originally opened in 1994.
Once you make it to Smithville, we’ll introduce you to a great local experience at your convenience. Each of our guest rooms include private baths, free Wi-Fi flat screen HD TV, and include a hot breakfast served in our dining room every morning.
From the house you can walk just one block or less to Smithville’s dining, shopping and entertainment venues. The City of Smithville is ideally situated in a central location between Houston and Austin along the Highway 71 corridor. Our quiet country town is just a 45-minute drive from Austin and about two-hour drive from either San Antonio or Houston. San Marcos and Bryan/College Station, are also within two hours drive. This makes Smithville a very convenient location to visit. Buescher State Park is just outside of town, and Bastrop State Park is just about 10 miles down Park 1C Road. Smithville boasts great shopping, dining and entertainment options, an airport, a recreation center, some of the finest city parks anywhere and some of the friendliest people on the planet. You will feel welcome in Smithville!
“Texas Film Friendly” Smithville is the home town of these movies:
- “Hope Floats,” starring Sandra Bullock, Harry Connick Jr, and Gena Rowlands
- “The Tree of Life,” starring Brad Pitt, Jessica Chastain, Fiona Shaw, and Sean Penn
- “Artois the Goat” staring Mark Scheibmeir, Sydney Andrews, Stephen Tayor Fry, and Dan Braverman
- “Five Time Champion” starring Betty Buckley, Jon Gries, and Dana Wheeler-Nicolson
- “The Cell”- a web series
- “Bernie” starring Jack Black, Shirley MacLaine, and Matthew McConaughey
- “Doonby” starring John Schneider, Jenn Gotzen, Ernie Hudson, and Robert Davi
- “Beneath the Darkness” starring Dennis Quaid 2012
Coming to Smithville on business? Give us a call, we are happy to give corporate rates to business travelers.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Smithville TX Bed and Breakfast. The home turned 100 years old in 2009, and The Katy House has been in business since 1994. Email us at email@example.com or call (512)237-4262.
Always get the best rates when you book directly through our website!
Travel safely, and we’ll see you soon.