On Thursday this week we’re launching our new Katy House website. Most likely if you’re reading this post, you’ve already found us at www.katyhouse.com.
We bought the Katy House four years ago but never updated our website to reflect the many updates we’ve done to the Katy House these past four years. Some highlights of these updates:
- The day we closed on the Katy House, five new beds were delivered. We also had guests that night. Lori and Joe were our first guests. We still have our first dollar bill they gave us. It’s on display in the kitchen.
- All the rooms have been painted and re-decorated in a French country style.
- A new room, “The Thomas” was created as an adjoining room to the Texas special. The Thomas was previously used as a storage room. It contains two twin beds and can be used an add-on to the Texas Special.
- Later in 2015 through early 2016, the wooden surfaces of the outside of the house were repaired and painted.
- In 2016 the garage under the Conductor’s Quarters was converted into a new room, The Garden Room, complete with a full kitchen, bathroom and modern heating/air conditioning system. This room also boasts our best TV – a 50-inch flat screen. It’s perfect for families as it has a queen bed and two twin beds.
- In 2016 we also completed some landscaping in the back.
- Also in 2016, the main house and the Conductor’s Quarters were re-roofed.
- In 2017 the bathroom in the Katy Limited was completely remodeled.
- In 2017 through early 2018 we completed a kitchen remodel.
- This year we’ve updated the Katy Tower with a new bed and modern heating/air conditioning system.
However, until this week, we neglected our website. We are thrilled to now have updated information and photos. I especially thank the great people at InsideOut Solutions for their great work. They designed our site as well as the original website for the Katy House and provide excellent hosting and creative services.
Our photos were done by Lori Gola Photography. As you can see from the photos on our site, she does amazing work. We thank her for a job well done!
One obvious thing I realized in completing the website is: Smithville has grown a great deal since we took over the B&B! Just look how many Area Attractions are offered on our site. There are many, many more than when we first moved here.
I hope you like our new website. Please send me feedback at email@example.com. Hopefully this will be the first of many blog posts from Linda and me.
Out in Smithville,