The Katy House Bed and Breakfast is located in the beautiful old railroad town of Smithville in Central Texas. This charming turn-of-the-century Texas bed and breakfast has been lovingly restored to its original beauty. The Katy House opened in 1994. Your innkeepers will help you have a great local experience -- or just leave you alone if you're here to rest. Our guests can walk just one block or less to many dining and shopping venues. The Katy House has been featured twice on Texas Country Reporter. Each of our five guest rooms have:
- A Queen-sized bed (The Texas Special and Bluebonnet rooms have a King-sized bed).
- Private bath with claw-footed tub & overhead shower. (The Katy Limited has a built-in tub with shower.)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Air conditioning & overhead fan
- Flat screen TV. HD Cable TV and DVD player
- Whirlpool tub in Katy Tower
- Hair dryer
- Ample on-street parking
A delicious, full country breakfast is served in the main dining room every morning.
The best way to enjoy the Katy House and Smithville is a two night stay. While staying at the Katy House Bed and Breakfast, you will be able to enjoy all Smithville and Bastrop County, Texas, have to offer, including: kayaking, golfing, walking or biking tours, and historical sites and museums. Colorado River, Lake Bastrop, Bastrop State Park and Buescher State Park are only minutes away and offer additional recreational activities such as boating, swimming, disk golf, and hiking. Main Street is one block away, and has wonderful antique shops.
Walk to restaurants and shops and see our "movie sites." Read our blog pages to find many links to area places.
Smithville is located in the heart and soul of Central Texas. The town, known as the "Heart of the Megalopolis", is a quiet, country town 45-minute drive from Austin and about a two-hour drive from either San Antonio or Houston. See some fun videos on Smithville on Youtube.com. Watch 'Film Smithville' and 'Smithville, TX Gingerbread Man'
"Texas Film Friendly" Smithville is the home town of these movies:
- "Hope Floats," staring Sandra Bullock, Harry Connick Jr, and Gena Rowlands
- "The Tree of Life," staring Brad Pitt, Jessica Chastain, Fiona Shaw, and Sean Penn
- "Artois the Goat" staring Mark Scheibmeir, Sydney Andrews, Stephen Tayor Fry, and Dan Braverman
- "Five Time Champion" staring Betty Buckley, Jon Gries and Dana Wheeler-Nicolson
- "The Cell"- a web series
- "Bernie" staring Jack Black, Shirley MacLaine, and Matthew McConaughey. (Sallie was an extra in one scene in the BBQ restaurant.) January 2012
- "Doonby" staring John Schneider, Jenn Gotzen, Ernie Hudson, and Robert Davi Opening January 2012
- "Beneath the Darkness" staring Dennis Quaid 2012
Coming to Smithville on business? Give us a call, we are happy to give corporate rates to business travelers.
We look forward to welcoming you to Smithville and The Katy House Bed and Breakfast. The home turned 100 years old in 2009, and The Katy House has been in business since 1994. Email is email@example.com or call (512)237-4262.
Stu and Linda Leibowitz